UK Construction Week, the largest gathering of the UK’s built environment community announces its return to Birmingham NEC from 10 – 12 October 2017, where it will host the most popular event in the construction calendar. Set to be its biggest yet with nine specialist shows under one roof, the show already has a stellar line up of speakers secured from Urban Splash, NHS, Heathrow, Cast Consultancy, Kier and Network Rail.
In the face of change and political uncertainty, UK Construction Week’s main stage will host debates on the industry’s leading issues and trends, including the housing shortage, diversity, how to tackle the skills crisis, building in a pre and post Brexit Britain, and adopting modern methods of construction. Commanding audiences of more than 300, the panel discussions will be anchored by leading journalists and industry commentators including architect and TV star George Clarke, award winning broadcaster Steph McGovern and renowned architecture critic Tom Dyckhoff, while the individual shows will explore sector-specific issues and solutions.
Offsite construction will be a major theme, with a new dedicated offsite theatre and awards programme supported by Modular and Portable Building Association (MPBA) and Structural Timber Association (STA). As the industry continues to embrace the latest technologies that allow it to build quicker, more efficiently and at a quality not achievable before, the show will feature hundreds of exhibitors specialising in offsite, including Portakabin, Containex, and Wernick Group, making it the perfect opportunity for visitors to find out why offsite construction will become the way to build in the future.
Nathan Garnett, Event Director at Media 10, which runs the show, said: “The UK’s construction industry is more topical than ever. Not only is it at the forefront of political debate and public opinion, it’s also clear that we’re moving towards a new age of innovation and change with topics such as offsite construction, modular and BIM driving so many conversations. This will be our biggest event to date, and we’re looking forward to bringing the industry together to debate, learn and do business, as well as showcase a diverse range of products and services.”
One of UK Construction Week’s main aims is to act as a showcase for innovation in the industry,whether it’s new ways of working, sustainable products or evolving technologies. The Innovation Trail will bring visitors the latest products, services and innovations that are changing the way we build and have never previously been showcased in the UK.Companies can apply for their product to feature on the Innovation Trail by visiting the website.
A number of new, specialist awards will also feature at this year’s event. These include: Low Carbon Vehicles Awards, BIM Awards, Offsite Awards and the WAN Transport, Concrete in Architecture and Adaptive Reuse Awards. The UK’s best companies in the industry will also be recognised at the Construction Enquirer Awards on the opening night of the show.
Consisting of Build Show, Timber Expo, Civils Expo, Plant & Machinery Live, Energy 2017, Smart Buildings 2017, Surface & Materials Show (featuring Kitchens & Bathrooms Live), HVAC 2017 and Grand Designs Live, UK Construction Week caters for the entire spectrum of the industry from builders, architects, innovators and consultants, each show provides exhibitors with the opportunity to network alongside decision makers and purchasers while showcasing their services and products to thousands of visitors.
Running into the evening, entertainment will include a casino night at the Genting International Casino with exclusive discounts for exhibitors and visitors, a dodgeball tournament and the return of the popular beer and ale festival.
As one of the leading voices of the construction industry, UK Construction Week 2017 will deliver its most comprehensive and diverse show to date with support from leading associations including The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), Construction Products Association (CPA) and Builders Merchants Federation (BMF). For more information and free registration visit www.ukconstructionweek.com.
For more information or additional quotes, please contact Lisa Northcott / Kim Taylor from Holistic.Tel: 07885 980 154 / 07718 158 800 Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- UK Construction Week (UKCW) is the UK’s largest construction trade show. Free to attend it consists of nine shows:
- The Build Show runs from 10-12 October and is dedicated to the building and contracting areas of the construction industry – www.buildshow.co.uk/register
- Timber Expo runs from 10-12 October and is the only event on the UK construction calendar dedicated exclusively to timber – www.timber-expo.co.uk/register
- The Surface and Materials Show (featuring Kitchens & Bathrooms Live www.kitchensandbathroomslive.co.uk/register) runs from 10-12 October and will showcase the latest surface and material solutions for specifiers, developers and industry professionals looking for cutting edge innovations within the materials sector www.surfaceandmaterialsshow.co.uk/register
- Civils Expo runs from 10-12 October and is the UK’s leading event dedicated to civil engineering and construction, bringing together leading suppliers of the latest technologies, systems and products in the civil sector – www.civilexpo.co.uk/register
- Smart Building 2017 runs from 10-12 October and is the UK’s leading event dedicated to integrated building technology – ww.smartbuildingslive.co.uk/register
- Energy 2017 runs from 10-12 October and is the industry trade event dedicated to renewables, innovation and power solutions – www.energyliveshow.co.uk/register
- HVAC 2017 runs from 10-12 October and is the UK’s dedicated exhibition for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industries – www.hvaclive.co.uk/register
- Plant & Machinery Live runs from 10-12 October and will showcase the latest earthmoving, lifting, handling & demolition products -www.plantandmachinerylive.co.uk/register
- Grand Designs Live runs from 11-15 October. Presented by design guru Kevin McCloud it is based on the hugely popular Channel 4 series. Grand Designs Live will be free to attend for trade on 11-12 October via UK Construction Week – www.granddesignslive.com/register