GEO| Design+BIM, a platform that highlights the integration of geospatial data analytics and Building Information Modelling (BIM) in asset spatial design, construction, and operation and maintenance, is gearing up for its 5th edition this coming 1-2 November 2018, in Amsterdam.
With the theme ‘Enabling Tomorrow’s Connected Infrastructure’, key topics to be discussed this year include Collaborative Workflow, Digital Transformation, City Information Modeling, Open BIM, Digital Twins & 4D BIM, Cloud Worksharing, Smart Cities, Energy Transformation, etc.
The conference is supported by leading brands in the geospatial and construction industry – Autodesk, Esri, FARO, Hexagon Geosystems, Pix4D and Clove Technologies; alongside various partnerships with industry stakeholders, including Schiphol Group, Ballast Nedam, Royal HaskoningDHV, WGIC, OGC, BIM Academy and BIM Loket.
The biggest highlight of the 2018 edition would be its impressive lineup of speakers. Ranging from architecture firms, design-engineering firms, construction firms and asset management entities, more than half of its 50+ speakers are from user organizations. Followings are the top 20 user speakers to look out for at the conference this year:
- Menno de Jonge, Director Digital Construction, Royal BAM Group
- Dr. Ir. Jan Van Steirteghem, Director, Engineering & Methods Department, BESIX
- Phil Langley, Director, Digital Delivery, Bryden Wood
- Francisco José Gonzalez, Infrastructure BIM Expert, SENER
- Saana Vuorinen, Maintenance Manager, Port of HaminaKotka
- Anne Kemp, Fellow of BIM, Geospatial and Digital Engineering, Atkins
- Magdalena Pyszkowska, Global Head of BIM Deployment, Bouygues Construction
- Joana Menéres Pimentel de Melo, Head of BIM Department, Sacyr
- Luke Cooper, Digital Specialist, Arup
- Harry Ibbs, Head of BIM & Workflows, ZahaHadid Architects
- Paulus Eckhardt, Director Design & Engineering, Ballast Nedam
- Michael Gaunt, Senior Manager, Information Management, Mott Macdonald
- Andreas Hesterkamp, Senior GIS/BIM Engineer, HOCHTIEF Infrastructure
- Aki Kopra, Development Manager, Kreate
- Maaike Beerepoot, BIM Program Manager, Rijkswaterstaat
- Øyvind Svaland, BIM Manager, Veidekke
- Olli Poutanen, Head, WSP Game Studio
- Louis Smit, Strategic Advisor, Geo-information, City of Rotterdam
- Alexander Worp, Strategic Advisor BIM, Schiphol Group
- Sileshi Tesema, Senior CAD Technician, Source Design Services, Kier Group
Full speakers list is available here.
“This is without a doubt our best speaker lineup yet. Attendees can expect a high-quality event with improved content, attendees profile and more interaction and engagement opportunities. We’re ecstatic to deliver the conference this year, and to carry the momentum for more editions to come,” adds Anamika Das, Vice President, Outreach and Business Development at Geospatial Media and Communications, the conference organizer.
GEO|Design+BIM is an exclusive event in Europe, highlighting and initiating discussions related to the use of geospatial data analytics and BIM in asset spatial design, construction, operation and maintenance. The event is a combination of two innovative platforms: GeoDesign Summit Europe and GeoBIM Europe, which were organized separately since 2013. Understanding the relevance and importance of bringing the geospatial analytics, spatial planning, architecture, engineering, construction and operation/maintenance professionals together on one platform, a combined effort was initiated in 2017, giving birth to this exciting integrated event. Visit www.geo-bim.org/europe to learn more.