When LIGHTFAIR® International 2019 opens for business in Philadelphia on May 19, the 30th consecutive staging of the world’s largest annual commercial lighting and design trade show and conference will present more than 550exhibitors in a full-facility event featuring at least 60 manufacturers in their LFI debut joining global brands having shown at LFI from its inception.
LIGHTFAIR’s 2019 run at the Pennsylvania Convention Center begins with the Pre-Conference May 19-20 and continues with the Trade Show and Conference May 21-23. More than 25,000 registrants from every U.S. state and more than 80 countries are expected to attend.
Helping mark LFI’s 30th anniversary are these eight manufacturers which have exhibited in every LIGHTFAIR International trade show from its 1989 founding:
Current Powered by GE
Ushio America, Inc.
“For three decades, the LIGHTFAIR trade show has presented the best of what is new and nextto the global lighting and design community,” notes Dan Darby, LFI senior vice president. “Our 2019 staging sustains that mission with a product mix of incredible depth and diversity spanning the lighting and technology spectrum. Innovations, introductions, ideations and discoveries will abound in Philadelphia,” he adds.
In its 2019 staging, LIGHTFAIR features expanded resources in 10 key categories, including controls; decorative lighting; alternative energy featuring solar power; software; exterior and roadway; digital signage; IoT; intelligent buildings; healthcare; and hospitality. The trade show floor will incorporate six curated Pavilions, each offering a custom presentation of products strategically categorized to create a critical mass affording attendees ease of access and depth of selection. The LFI 2019 Pavilions lineup includes:
- The Design Pavilion, a vibrant showcase of high-styled modern and classic decorative designs.
- The Exterior & Roadway Lighting Pavilion, with LFI’s large and growing spectrum of manufacturers who offer advanced-technology outdoor products employing new systems and functionalities driving environmentally responsible lighting.
- The Global Light + Design Pavilion, which presents the world’s finest decorative lighting designs from internationally recognized manufacturers.
- The Intelligent Lightings Pavilion, one of LFI’s newest pavilions, featuring smart lighting solutions that respond to space needs to optimize flexibility, extend system life and maximize end-user comfort.
- The IoT (Internet of Things) Pavilion, which houses the intricate technologies used to create networks employing connectivity to achieve greater efficiency, reduce operating costs and collect valuable data.
- The New Exhibitor Pavilion featuring first-time exhibitors showcasing products and technological advances for the architecture and commercial industry.
Enhancing the New Exhibitor Pavilion is the surrounding LFI LIVE, an interactive meeting space where attendees connect for networking, education and fun. Also adjacent are the LIGHTFAIR Innovation Awards Lounge, exhibitor presentation areas and a head shot lounge.
Additional new events and enhancements created to enhance and enliven the LFI 2019 30th-anniversary experience are guided tours of the trade show floors and after-hours dining experiences toassist attendees in exploring new business operations. A full list of LFI events is available at LIGHTFAIR.COM/Events.
For more information about LIGHTFAIR International, please visit LIGHTFAIR.COM.
About LIGHTFAIRÂ® International
LIGHTFAIR® International is the world’s largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show and conference and is sponsored by the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) and the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES). The event is produced and managed by International Market Centers. For more information, please visit LIGHTFAIR.COM.