Close
WORLD OF CONCRETE
Sunday, November 30, 2025
JEC WORLD 2026

Australia sets aside $3bn to restart scrapped road contract

Note* - All images used are for editorial and illustrative purposes only and may not originate from the original news provider or associated company.

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from any location or device.

Media Packs

Expand Your Reach With Our Customized Solutions Empowering Your Campaigns To Maximize Your Reach & Drive Real Results!

– Access the Media Pack Now

– Book a Conference Call

Leave Message for Us to Get Back

Related stories

9 Essential Steps to Prepare Your Home for Winter 2025

Winter has a way of exposing every weak spot...

New Clay-Based Material Created as a Substitute to Concrete

Researchers at Oregon State University have gone ahead and...

Who Offers the Best Shade Structures for Athletic Facilities? Here’s What You Should Know

The right shade structures for athletic facilities provide comfort,...
- Advertisement -

The Australian government has confirmed its commitment to the construction of Melbourne’s East West Link, despite the state government tearing up the project contract.

Lend Lease had won the contract, but it was cancelled last month (link opens in new tab).

The Commonwealth government said that it regards the link as a project of national significance that will create thousands of jobs and reduce congestion. It will provide AU$3bn (£1.5bn) to the first Victorian government willing to build the East West Link and recorded this commitment as a contingent liability in yesterday’s federal budget.

“The Victorian Government will waste over half a billion dollars not to build this world class project but the East West Link may still be reinstated at a later date by a government willing to do the right thing by the people of Victoria,” said minister for infrastructure and regional development Warren Truss. “To this end, the Commonwealth Government has revised the forward estimates, including the return of $1.5 billion of unspent funding from the Victorian government, consistent with obligations under the memorandum of understanding between the Victorian government and the Commonwealth.”

Latest stories

Related stories

9 Essential Steps to Prepare Your Home for Winter 2025

Winter has a way of exposing every weak spot...

New Clay-Based Material Created as a Substitute to Concrete

Researchers at Oregon State University have gone ahead and...

Who Offers the Best Shade Structures for Athletic Facilities? Here’s What You Should Know

The right shade structures for athletic facilities provide comfort,...

How Advanced Aluminum Design Is Shaping the Future of Modern Construction

Modern construction is moving forward at a remarkable pace....

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from any location or device.

Media Packs

Expand Your Reach With Our Customized Solutions Empowering Your Campaigns To Maximize Your Reach & Drive Real Results!

– Access the Media Pack Now

– Book a Conference Call

Leave Message for Us to Get Back

Translate »