The first event dedicated to Oman’s construction projects and investment opportunities
29 January – 1 February 2012 Grand Hyatt Muscat, Oman
MUSCAT: The Tender Board yesterday held its 27th meeting of 2011 under the chairmanship of Dr Rasheed bin al Safi al Huraibi, Chairman of the Board.
During the meeting, the Board awarded tenders worth RO 31,498,652 for projects and also opened bids for the following tenders: • Construction of water distribution networks in the wilayats of Ibra and Al Qabil in the Northern Al Sharqiyah Governorate.
• Provision of the consultancy services for the basic designs and availing licenses for hydrogen unit and the pressure unit for the chemical absorption at Sohar Refinery Expansion Projects.
• Operation and maintenance of electromechanical equipment and civil maintenance at SQU.
• Provision of the consultancy services for the quantity surveying of the Public Authority for Electricity and Water.
• Construction of new power plant in Al Ouhi industrial area in the Wilayat of Sohar in the Northern Al Batinah Governorate.
• Design and implementation of Al Ushaish / Al Ghaidharanah road in the Al Dakhiliyah Governorate.
• Supply of personal IDs for the GPS for Omantel.
• Adding circuit breakers, 220 kv tension at Mahdha power plant in the Al Buraimi Governorate.
• Supply and installation of marine simulators at Fishermen Rehabilitation Institute in Salalah, Dhofar Governorate.
• Electrical works to improve and maintain the medium and low tension networks at the Wilayat of Khasab in Musandam Governorate.
• Connecting electric current for the social housing at Safi, Wadi Al Sail, Jobah, Sirab and Madirah in the Wilayat of Mahout in the Al Wosta Governorate.
• Maintenance of the power plants of Oman Electricity Transmission Company. – ONA
Driven by its Vision 2020, the Omani government is set to develop infrastructure projects in every sector of the national economy. In line with this plan and the government strategy to promote and increase the involvement of the private sector in the development of the nation’s infrastructure, IQPC and GEC are pleased to announce that the second annual Oman Construction Summit will take place in Muscat, Oman, on 29 January – 1 February 2012.