Close
Monday, August 25, 2025

Howard Hughes nearing construction start for Victoria Place tower

Note* - All images used are for editorial and illustrative purposes only and may not originate from the original news provider or associated company.

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from any location or device.

Media Packs

Expand Your Reach With Our Customized Solutions Empowering Your Campaigns To Maximize Your Reach & Drive Real Results!

– Access the Media Pack Now

– Book a Conference Call

Leave Message for Us to Get Back

Related stories

What Is the Best Platform to Buy Online Regulatory Compliance Training?

Construction companies must adhere to laws, regulations and industry...

Ahlstrom Launches Flame-Gard™ Facers for Fire-Resistance Construction

Ahlstrom, a global leader in fiber-based specialty materials, introduces...

Can I Get a Quote for Fire Watch Services for a Construction Site?

Construction sites face unique fire hazards, from “Hot Work”...

Avoid These 8 Mistakes When Pursuing A Construction Accident Claim

Construction sites are some of the most dangerous work...

The Howard Hughes Corp. has submitted applications for building permits totaling more than $327.4 million for the seventh tower in its Ward Village community in Honolulu and plans to break ground on the 350-unit condominium tower named Victoria Place early next year.

The developer currently has two other buildings — the 750-unit Aalii and the 429-unit Koula — under construction, so will have three active sites going at the same time next year.

Four building permit applications have been submitted to the City and County of Honolulu’s Department of Planning and Permitting in the last three weeks, starting with a sitework permit worth $1.6 million filed July 24, then the permit for the new tower with a value of $259.8 million filed Aug. 6. A foundation permit worth $8 million was filed on Tuesday and an application for a superstructure permit with a value of $58 million was filed Wednesday.

The Howard Hughes Corp. said last week that 69% of the units at Victoria Place have sold since sales started in January.

“We have been encouraged by the momentum and support for Victoria Place,” Doug Johnstone, president of the developer’s Hawaii region, told Pacific Business News in an emailed statement. “This allows us to progress toward a groundbreaking in early 2021 and the continued maturation of the Ward Village community.”

Latest stories

Related stories

What Is the Best Platform to Buy Online Regulatory Compliance Training?

Construction companies must adhere to laws, regulations and industry...

Ahlstrom Launches Flame-Gard™ Facers for Fire-Resistance Construction

Ahlstrom, a global leader in fiber-based specialty materials, introduces...

Can I Get a Quote for Fire Watch Services for a Construction Site?

Construction sites face unique fire hazards, from “Hot Work”...

Avoid These 8 Mistakes When Pursuing A Construction Accident Claim

Construction sites are some of the most dangerous work...

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from any location or device.

Media Packs

Expand Your Reach With Our Customized Solutions Empowering Your Campaigns To Maximize Your Reach & Drive Real Results!

– Access the Media Pack Now

– Book a Conference Call

Leave Message for Us to Get Back